Showbuzz Terms and Conditions
Showbuzz Works may act as an Employment Agency or as an Employment business, at its sole discretion. The way in which Showbuzz Works is acting for each booking will be made clear to all concerned parties prior to the completion of negotiations, and will be clearly shown in the documentation issued.
WHEN ACTING AS AN EMPLOYMENT AGENCY, Showbuzz Works acts as negotiator only and is not a party to the contract. For this reason, we cannot accept responsibility for non-fulfillment or breach of any such contract, but every reasonable safeguard is assured. Wherever possible in such cases, we will replace the act or engagement or artiste with one of similar price and quality.
WHEN ACTING AS AN EMPLOYMENT AGENCY,
Showbuzz Works operates as follows;
Charges a fee equivalent to an agreed percentage of the contracted fee receivable by the Artiste, in accordance with our Commission Policy Statement. We will also collect any applicable tax (for example VAT) which is due under Scottish Law. The charge may be made to either the Artiste or Promoter, subject to the negotiated acceptance of the party in question.
Where charged to the Artiste, the fee (commission) will still be due if the Artiste fails to appear, said non-appearance being as a result of any action or inaction of the Artiste.
Where charged to the Promoter, the fee (commission) is normally payable in advance and is always non-refundable.
Cancellation of contracts negotiated through Showbuzz Works is not normally possible without the agreement of all concerned parties. In the event of cancellation by either party without cause of illness or other unavoidable circumstances, we reserve the right to levy a charge of up to 15% against the cancelling party, to cover the additional expenses involved in the said cancellation. This is in addition to any amounts that may be payable by either party under the terms of the said contract. Non payment of any applicable deposit, non signature or non return of the contracts does not constitute a cancellation.
In the event of an agreed cancellation, a fee on the following basis will be charged:
Within 4 weeks of engagement date – 100% of the agreed fee
Within 8 weeks of engagement date– 75% of the agreed fee
Over 8 weeks of engagement date – 50% of the agreed fee
The above fees are payable within 7 days of the cancellation being notified to Showbuzz Works in writing. Failure to comply cancels any discount and the fee will then revert to the full 100% of the agreed fee.
Any bookings contracted by Showbuzz Works which are re-booked by the client or venue, within an twelve month period, must be booked through Showbuzz Works. If not booked through Showbuzz Works a commission or booking fee of no less than the original would be payable to Showbuzz Works.
WHEN ACTING AS AN EMPLOYMENT BUSINESS
Showbuzz Works is a party to each contract and accepts responsibility for its obligations under the terms of each individual agreement. No charge other than the contracted fee is made.
Commission and monies owed to this Agency shall be remitted within SEVEN days of the engagement or as otherwise stated in the written confirmation. This Agency reserves the right to deduct monies owed to the Agency by any individual Artiste from any monies due to that Artiste, and forward any balance.
In order to ensure that there are no non-appearances or let-downs, all verbal agreements are confirmed by the signing of a written contract. In the event of very short notice bookings, the written contract/confirmation may be sent after the event, for record purposes.
The display and/or presentation of any Artiste's address and/or telephone number at an engagement negotiated through this Agency shall be regarded as a breach of contract, and may render the Artiste liable to pay severe damages in respect of that breach.
Any contract negotiated through this Agency shall be subject to these terms of business unless otherwise agreed in writing between all concerned parties. In particular, any conflicting terms of business shall have no effect. The document “Commission Policy” forms part of these terms, and must be read and construed as such. All contracts to which these conditions apply shall be construed in accordance with Scottish Law.
No servant or agent of this Agency has the power to vary these terms and conditions.
Whenever the context so admits, words importing the masculine shall include the feminine and the singular number shall include the plural, and vice versa as appropriate.
Fees & Commission Policy
Showbuzz Works normally charges a fee (usually referred to as a 'commission'), at the rate of 15%, agreed in advance with the Artiste or Promoter. Any appropriate taxes (for example Value Added Tax) will be charged at the applicable rate. At the time of writing.
Fees payable via the office of Showbuzz Works will be paid by BACS or by cheque, less any relevant deductions for commission etc., as detailed above, and paid or mailed within ten days of receipt of cleared funds from the Hirer/Management,
Invoices will be automatically modified (and if necessary re-issued), as required by Law, to allow for any changes made by Government to taxation regulations. Any such changes are beyond our control and could, in some circumstances, alter the amount that will have to be paid, even after a contract has been negotiated and our fee agreed.
Booked Entertainers Policy
Any entertainer will be deemed to be in breach of contract for any of the following ;
• If an act fails to appear without giving reasonable notice and a copy of a medical certificate to justify their non appearance if this is requested.
• If they cancel any booking with Showbuzz Works to perform elsewhere or knowingly try to divert any future bookings away from Showbuzz Works to either themselves, any other agency, individual, or organization.
• If they hand out their own business cards to any venue or client at an any booking made by Showbuzz Works.
• If Showbuzz Works pay any entertainer for a booking before they have received payment and the client subsequently either does not pay or pays a reduced fee for any reason, Showbuzz Works reserves the right to deduct any unpaid fee from the next payment due to the entertainer.
• If Booked in a Showbuzz Venue the artiste must not take a booking within a 5 miles radius of the Showbuzz Venue and within 5 weeks at at either side of this date as this can have an affect on the venues sales figures. These figures have been stated by the venues themselves.
• Any entertainer/s who are booked for more than one booking at the same venue and the management of said venue decides they do not wish the act to return for any reason, then the future booking/s can be cancelled.
• If Showbuzz Works receive complaints relating to the timekeeping, reliability, professionalism or attitude of any entertainer/s Showbuzz Works reserve the right to cancel all future bookings. In each circumstance Showbuzz Works reserve the right to cancel all, or any individual future bookings they may have with the entertainer/s, with no cancellation fee payable to the entertainer/s.